Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dear Bently,

You are becoming an excellent big brother! I love watching you and Liv start to interact a little more. You love being with her and are always talking about Livvy. We'll be driving in the car and you always update us on her condition. "Mommy Livvy sad!" Or "Mommy Livvy's sleeping!" (Even though most of the time when you say that she is wide awake! Today as I was getting Olivia dressed you took the opportunity to blow raspberries on her belly! She just smiled and you couldn't help but smile back! Moments like that make my heart melt as a parent! I can't wait till you guys can actually play together!


We are struggling my son. Ever since potty training you refuse to fall asleep unless we are in there with you! Then after you finally fall asleep you wake up every 2 or so hours screaming your toddler head off. At first I had so much sympathy! You genuinely seemed terrified of something! It broke my heart to see you so scared! We worked on making sure you felt safe and talking to you about what's scaring you. You are having a hard time telling us what is scary. So far all I've managed to understand is you are afraid of your window and Potter. I don't know what the heck Potter did to you but he must of scared you. As the days have worn on I'm getting more and more frustrated. I think it has something to do with the fact your Dad and I aren't getting any sleep. We are both loosing it! We are exhausted. Between you and Livvy we're averaging about 5 hours each. If we're lucky. Last night you were up from 4:30 till 6 in the morning. I broke down and just cried. I was so tired and I was frustrated that as your Mom I couldn't help you! I felt awful. I could see it in your face that you were worried about me. Your at an age now when you know I'm sad when I cry. I try so hard not to cry in front of you! I'm sorry little man! It's not mad at you! I'm just frustrated that I can't help you! We finally solved it by leaving the light in the hall on and your door open. And you slept on the ground. I figured whatever works. But then you were up at your normal 8:30. I have no idea what to do but we'll just keep trying to make it better! I don't want you to be afraid! It breaks my heart when you yell out "I'm scared!" Or "Mommy help me!" I promise we'll figure something out!


You say some pretty cute things right now! Before you were terrified to go to bed you used to yell out "Help me! Somebody! Anybody!" when you woke up! It's hilarious! It makes me laugh every time! I had no idea where you got it from till your Dad informed me that is a direct quote from The Lion King! Also, you sing the circle of life almost word for word! But when it says, "Till we find our place, in the path unwinding," You always sing "Till we find our place of the path of Lion King!" I love it! Seriously it's so adorable! I'm going to make a quick list of all the songs you can sing by yourself. Seriously you are pretty amazing learning the words to songs!


1.) I am a Child of God
2.) I Love to See the Temple
3.) I'm so Glad when Daddy Comes Home
4.) Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus (Not so proud of that one but you really like it!)
5.) Bright Spring Morning by Suburban Legends
6.) This is the Tale of Cpt Jack Sparrow (Personal favorite of yours! ;)
7.) Monster Mash
8.) Splish Splash I was taking a Bath


There are more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head! See every night before you go to bed we sing songs with you. We used to just choose random songs but now you choose them! It varies which songs! You used to always have us sing the splish splash song and monster mash. But lately it's other ones! Like Cpt Jack Sparrow song or I'm a Child of God. A couple nights in a row (This was a couple months ago) you kept insisting we sing the Captain song. Every night you would throw a fit and we both had no idea what song you wanted! Finally one night your Dad just made one up. "Bently is my captain Bently is my captain, nanananananana!" You loved it so now we sing that song all the time! It's pretty hilarious! :)


I love you handsome man! I will try and be better about writing all the cute stuff you do! You seriously do hilarious things every single day! I love you Bently!


Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment