You have been fighting bed time like none other. I don't know why. It's not like you are sleeping at all. You just hate going to bed. You lay in bed wide awake till 9 or later. We put you in bed between 7:30-8 so it's no small amount of time you are just laying there. You had the stomach flu a few weeks back and we let you lay on the couch and watch tv in the middle of the night. Well last night you kept telling me you were sick and you needed to watch a show on the couch. I knew you weren't sick. You are not one to hide you illness well. There's usually lots of tears and dramatics. So when you are simply telling me you "don't feel well" I knew you were fine. After many no's you finally started to melt down. Yelling at me down the hall. So I brought you a bucket and told you if you threw up then you could come sit on the couch. I was secretly praying you wouldn't throw up, because then I would feel really guilty about not believing you! ;) I walked away and a couple minutes later you screamed you threw up. Not hearing any gagging what so ever we (your dad and I) assumed it was a false alarm. So your dad went back and in the dark looked into the bucket. He came back and told me he thought you had dumped water from your night time drink into the bucket. Though he did mentioned it look orange for some reason. We listened to you scream for a minute longer and I decided to go look. I walked in and looked into the bucket. In the dark I noticed it looked orange too, not like water at all. I opened the blinds to let some light in and looked more closely, gingerly sniffing at it.
I said, "That's not throw up!" And you proudly exclaimed, "It's pee!" "Pee!" I exclaimed as you nodded your head. It wasn't funny. It was awful. You lied and peed in a bucket. But I couldn't stop laughing! I tried to hide it from you but I couldn't stop! Kid, you are one sneaky boy! I don't know how you came up with the idea but it was a pretty intuitive one.
I love you my smart disgusting boy! :)
Love,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm cracking up!!!
ReplyDelete