Today I took you and Olivia to the splash pad! We had a fantastic time! You were so adorable running around in the water! Then we walked over to the park and played on that until you decided it was, so so hot! Your flip flops broke a couple weeks ago and we can't find them on sale anywhere. So you've been wearing tennis shoes everywhere. I didn't think you should wear tennis shoes to the splash pad, thus your bare feat and hot park! :)
When we came home we made a paper chain countdown to preschool! Holy smokes, I can't believe your going to be in preschool. It's only 5 or so days away! You are so excited! And we had a grand time making the chain together. You helped me cut the paper and put the tape on it. I think you were quite proud of our little craft we made together.
Then we made cookies. I asked if you wanted to make cookies with me and you were ecstatic. You drug the kitchen chair over before I had even gotten a bowl out! Every time I put an ingredient in, you said "Oh I taste that!" You then proceeded to put your finger in the bowl and try everything from sugar to butter! You then ate more than your share of cookie dough! You kept sneaking your fingers into the bowl! Haha! Then you ate like 3 cookies! I'm surprised you went to bed so great tonight! All that sugar!
I guess you got it all out at Valerie and Dan's house. We went to see their condo for the first time and you had a blast giving the tour. You had never been there before but you wanted to give the tour. It was adorable to watch you run from room to room explaining what was in their. At one point your found a teddy bear. You were pretty in love. We left that room and then went into Val and Dan's room where they had a pile of blankets on the ground. You immediately said, "Oh that's the bear's bed." You then ran back to the room grabbed the bear and tucked him in. It was pretty dang adorable!
Today was just one of those amazing days were I didn't have to work and I could pretend like I was a stay at home mom. I loved the adventures we're able to have together when I'm not having to run to work or hurry through my break or do any other crazy thing. It was so fantastical! I loved every second of my day with you. You are seriously the cutest kid in the entire world and I can't get enough of you. I love that you can actually hold conversations with me and I feel like our relationship is two sided now.
I realized lately that you tell us "I love you Mom" or "I love you Dad" a lot. And randomly. As I was thinking about it, I realized, your Dad and I tell you I love all the time. We are definitely a family of I love yous and I am so glad you caught on. I love it when just randomly in the day, you come up, put your arms around me, and say "I love you Mom!" There is seriously nothing better in the entire world.
I love you my handsome man!
Love,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment